Edith Cavell Elementary School is an excellent place to learn! There are approximately 300 students who are from
diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds. The school is named after the dynamic and heroic British nurse, Edith Cavell.
It opened in 1908 with the current name selected in 1920. The present building was opened in 1940.
Edith Cavell is located at 500 West 20th Avenue and is part of a stable and supportive community with high
educational expectations. We are located near the Douglas Park Community Centre and Park. Douglas Park offers many programs that are available to our school community. Geographically, Edith Cavell is in the
heart of the city of Vancouver.
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Information about the 2010-2011 budget process is now available on the Vancouver School Board website. Please go towww.vsb.bc.ca/district-news/letter-parents-regarding-budget to read a letter to parents from VSB Chairperson Patti Bacchus.
You will find more information about the budget process at: www.vsb.bc.ca/budget-process-201011-school-year
Thank you for your cooperation in this matter
- Budget Brief (pdf) - Outlines the district's 2010/11 operating budget
- Budget Dialogue Presentation (pdf) This power point was shown during recent budget open house meetings
- Typical Cost per school (pdf) - Outlines the typical costs of operating an annex, elementary and secondary school
- Letter to parents and guardians (pdf) regarding funding shortfall for 2010/2011 preliminary operating budget
- MLA information (pdf) - Includes the MLA names and addresses and a sample letter that individuals could use to send to an MLA, Education Minister or the Premier
- Feedback form (pdf) – A form that can be filled out and returned with your comments